Structure Tech offers Annual Property Reviews (APR) to homeowners in the Twin Cities, starting at only $250. This service is offered during the months of November, December, and January.
An APR includes:
- The exterior of the home, including examining the siding, windows, and doors. We inspect for signs of water intrusion.
- Exterior water management–where does water go after it leaves the roof?
- All intake and exhaust terminals (dryer, bath fans, kitchen fan, HRV, combustion air, etc.)
- Exterior faucets – are they winterized?
- Sump system
- Smoke and CO alarms
- Plumbing system
- Check drains for leaks
- Check for leaks at water supply connectors, water lines, plumbing fixtures, and drains. Both visual and infrared inspection.
- Combustion analysis at furnace(s)
- Verify safe venting of furnace and water heater(s)
- Attic; inspect for signs of frost, condensation, leaks, and signs of pests.
An APR takes about an hour and afterward we deliver a written report with photos, similar to our home inspection reports. We also give a free subscription to HomeBinder, which is a great tool to help manage all the details of your home.
The images below show some examples of issues that we’ve identified during our APRs.
Disconnected downspout extensions – of the most common sources of basement water intrusion.
Clogged clothes dryer terminals – this creates a fire hazard.
Dirty air intakes
Dirty air exchangers
Expired smoke and CO alarms
Our base fee for an APR is $250, which covers homes up to 3,000 sf. Larger homes are an additional $50 for each 1,000 sf, or portion thereof. These take approximately an hour to conduct, and we produce a written report with photos. The format is similar to our home inspection report.